My name is Ray Tetzloff, and I’m here to learn. I don’t really care if anyone else ever reads this. It’s intended for me to help myself learn to be a better programmer, engineer, and whatever else I post about.
- I’m an IT Generalist. I’ve worked in IT for most of the last 15 years. I’ve worked as a data center engineer, a network engineer, a systems administrator, and I do some programming.
- I love to cook. I spent a semester in culinary school, and I worked as a chef for two years in between some IT jobs. I love to bake. I love modernist cooking. I believe food should be nutritious, tasty, and beautiful.
- I have Celiac Disease and probably some other autoimmune diseases. I don’t eat anything with grains line wheat, corn, rice, oats. I don’t eat dairy. I mostly eat a paleo diet. Some people think this conflicts with # 2, but I see it as a challenge. It gives me opportunity to create things that I can eat.
- I’m married to a beautiful and wonderful woman. We have a giant, silly dog who howls like a wolf, a spazzy cat who thinks he’s a tiger, and a stealthy cat who thinks she’s a panther.
- I like theatre, in particular musicals. My wife and I have season tickets to our locali(-ish) Broadway Across America program, and we absolutely love it. I also take vocal (singing) lessons, and really enjoy singing and annoying my coworkers (okay, maybe I don’t enjoy annoying them that much…).
- I wish everyone would be reasonable, set aside their disdain for others, and get along with each other. I don’t care who you are. If everyone treated everyone (and everything) else like they wanted to be treated, the world would be a much better place.
- I am very introverted. I don’t like parties. I don’t like crowds. They exhaust me, and it takes a long time to recover from such gatherings.
My goals at starting a blog are primarily to enhance my learning, and to give back to the communities I enjoy. Maybe it helps to become a better writer. Maybe it helps me actually learn. Maybe it helps to share a creation that I’m proud of. Maybe it’s to document something I struggled with. This is mostly for me. I appreciate feedback, but I don’t appreciate snide commentary and negative criticism. Please don’t contribute if that’s what you’re going to contribute.